You are not connected. Please login or register

Hi people.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Hi people. on Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:17 am

Name: Red Hot Hoshi or just Hoshi
Position: Translator (On leave due to school)
Background with Japanese:I learned a very small amount of Japanese as a child from my father, who is half Japanese, but aside from that bit, I've progressed through the Japanese classes at my high school, where I actually tested out of the first class and was able to start at the second level. This spring I'm taking an independent study Japanese class at the equivalent of the college level and maybe even the Japanese AP Exam.

I also have a basic understanding of a couple other languages: Korean, Russian, Arabic and I've just started Italian. I am next to useless in all of those languages though, Korean especially, since I haven't had any dedicated study of it in two years.

Quick bit about me: I'm a high school senior currently planning on going into animation, but translation is a definite maybe for a career choice. In all likelyhood, I'll end up working translation jobs between animation jobs, provided I can push myself hard enough to becoming a fully accomplished animator. I think that's it.

View user profile

2 Re: Hi people. on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:08 am

It's always great to have as many people with different languages.

Welcome!

View user profile

3 Re: Hi people. on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:12 pm

Impressive, but can you speak Fladorankian? If so, I will worship you as a god... mostly because I just made that up.

View user profile

4 Re: Hi people. on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:11 pm

i'm still waiting for someone to speak portuguese with me =(

how about it, Hoshi? Wink

View user profile

5 Re: Hi people. on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:15 pm

Portuguese... isn't that Spanish and French's bastard child language? lol jk. I tried to learn Portuguese once, but I just kept getting my spanish mixed in where it doesn't belong.

View user profile

6 Re: Hi people. on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:23 pm

I'm up to learn Portuguese. The more languages I can speak the better. I do warn you though, I'll be starting from nearly nothing, as my knowledge of romance languages in general is very limited due to the fact that I've spent way more time on far eastern languages.

View user profile

7 Re: Hi people. on Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:08 pm

No problem, I can help you with some stuff if you want. Also, if you're familiar with Japanese, it gets easier to explain the pronunciation of Portuguese words. And of course, just like there's US and British English, there's also different forms of Portuguese xD

View user profile

8 Re: Hi people. Today at 2:37 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum