You are not connected. Please login or register

Yozakura Quartet General Discussion

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:59 pm

Seeing as there's general discussion threads for a couple other series, thought I might throw this up here.

View user profile

2 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:08 pm

Ravona

Admin
Admin
Definitely our best series, anyone who disagrees can take it up with Yae. ^^

"Damn it, you can't euthanize people with minty fresh breath!"
View user profile

3 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:22 pm

Ravona wrote:Definitely our best series, anyone who disagrees can take it up with Yae. ^^

A pity Del Rey seems to have dropped it.

I WANT TO GIVE YOU MONEY, DEL REEEEEEEY. WHY WON'T YOU LET ME?

View user profile

4 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:04 am

Ravona wrote:Definitely our best series, anyone who disagrees can take it up with Yae. ^^

Totally, not that I'm prejudiced or anything. But this manga is unbelievably amazing.

And yeah, it's really weird that DelRay isn't releasing Volume 6. Because I know they have a translation, the blog for the guy that translates YQ for them said he translated Vol 6 a loooooong time ago. Well over a year ago, I think. Weirdness. I hope they go back to releasing it.

View user profile

5 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:33 am

Ravona

Admin
Admin
Well, even before Random House started scaling their manga section back and changed Del Rey Manga to it's current impenetrably generic website they still had a habit of suspending titles that weren't doing mega sales without a word and then either leaving them like that indefinitely or fobbing them off with an omnibus release.
Titles like Nodame Cantabille, Pumpkin Scissors and Mushishi spring to mind. :<

That said, it really has been almost a full year since YQ vol. 6 was scheduled to be released. >.<

I wish they'd just actually inform the people who buy their titles what's happening with them. I mean, messing people around like this can't be doing anything other than damaging the potential sales of new volumes, can it?

View user profile

6 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:13 pm

[Cross]

Admin
Admin
hm... they're having a panel for Del Rey at New York Anime Fest, I'll have to ask them.

View user profile http://cxcscans.phpbb9.com

7 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:22 pm

You see, this is where we scanlators shine! We won't EVER drop YQ... mostly because Ravona would KILL US ALL! There would be no survivors. Children will cry blood as Ravona in a giant bear head leaps at them from the shadows. The Mayan's predicted it, we just never knew of the horror within Ravona!!! OH GOD!!! THEY WOARNED US!!!!

So, on that note, rest assured, Del Rey may fail you, but we won't. God help us, we won't.

View user profile

8 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:02 pm

Ravona

Admin
Admin
Pft, you do one or two small massacres and then everybody starts calling you the apocalypse.

Although, it is very true that we will never drop YQ as long as I'm around... well, not unless we get a C&D. But even then, only maybe!

View user profile

9 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:39 pm

Love to hear it from you guys.

Had I any skills of use, I'd help you out.

View user profile

10 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:03 am

You keep he fire burning in our hearts. Well, not mine. I don't get to work on it. T3T

View user profile

11 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:46 am

[Cross]

Admin
Admin
KazeNoKanta wrote:You keep he fire burning in our hearts. Well, not mine. I don't get to work on it. T3T

okay

View user profile http://cxcscans.phpbb9.com

12 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:48 am

*GAK* Your nonchalant attitude. I-it hurts. *sob*

View user profile

13 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:33 pm

Great to hear Yozakura getting some love, it's my favorite one of your series.

Keep on Tranglin!

View user profile

14 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:23 am

Hey there, I registered some days ago.
I agree this is the best manga you're scanlating guys, I really appreciate your work.
You saw the ova btw?

View user profile http://nekketsunikki.wordpress.com/

15 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:30 pm

Ravona

Admin
Admin
The OVA was pretty cool, it had some awesome Yae moments (rooftop bear dance! Very Happy) which was a major plus for me.
The art style is still a bit too moe-ish for my tastes though. :<

View user profile

16 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:38 pm

I really liked the OVA once I got past the art style and the stuff they left out. Because -- no Hime and Touka hand-holding scene? No hardcore Russian Roulette? Really? But the animation was great, and for the time constraints, I thought they did a really good job of cramming everything in.

But the character designs were WAY too moe, especially Hime. What did they do to my Hime-chan. And yet I don't think Touka was moe enough, so I don't know what happened there. And Akina looked terrible. And Kyousuke wasn't nearly hot enough. But Rin -- oh my god cuteness moe overload. Perfect. And Zakuro looked great, as did Juri and Yae. Yae flower scene = love forever.

Also, it made me appreciate again, how amazing the manga really is. You take out a single scene, even a single panel, and you lose so much. Especially in character development. It's amazing how much Suzuhito can do with so little.

View user profile

17 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:48 am

I so agree with you there.The only thing making me rage now is the wait. Next one comes in April 8th.

Also, I read chapter 42 yesterday and
Spoiler:
I'd get franken steinered by Juri anytime.Then she would nurse me, but I guess it would probably kill me anyway. Then I'd get turned into a zombie and ask her to do it everyday.

18 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:09 am

There's a lot to speculate about in this manga, so anyone want to speculate with me?

Let's start with: how old is Gin?

Ao says she stayed out of high school for a year partly because she didn't want her and Gin to be in the same year when he came back. So I'm guessing that would have made Gin a second-year high school student when he was sent to the Otherworld, so about sixteen?

And then there's the question of when he was sent -- Akina's wearing his high school uniform in the flashback in Chapter 19 or whatever that was. So Akina had to have been a first or second year high school student when that happened. So Gin is either Akina and Kyousuke's age or a year older, is what I figure?

View user profile

19 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:50 pm

Me me me!!! lol

Well Gin asked Akina to take care of Ao so they must be really good friends, maybe they were in the same class so yeah they could be the same age.

I think Kyosuke is older than both Akina and Gin, he doesn't go to school anymore doesn't he? Or maybe he never did in the first place since he couldn't control his power.

And about the last chapter, I remember that witch girl, (well at least she wears witch clothes), wasn't she the one who threatened to kill Enjin too after they're done helping him back then? Also they hinted a lot about it, looks like she'll turn out to be (one of?) Juri's sis. I wonder if every Youkai hunter Enjin gathered will be connected to the protagonists?.

20 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:19 pm

Hm... I suppose that sounds about right. I always forget how old Akina is since Hime's only about 16. Oh no. I don't actually know everyone's ages. I'm such a bad fan. >< Help me out?

My wild guesses:

Hime - 16
Akina - 18
Gin - 17/18 (1 year difference from Ao?)
Enjin - ???
Kotoha - 16
Ao - 16
Rin - 15
Kyosuke - 18
Touka - 16
Juri - ???
Mina - 10
Kana - 10
Shidou - 30 (but not in the gap generation?)
Zakuro - 24

I think that's most everyone? It's so hard to tell with manga art. Does anyone remember backstory that gave specifics?

Also: What is falling?

View user profile

21 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:30 pm

I get the vibe its when normal beings go that extra step to supernatural. The city wide throwdown showed that even lizards can fall and that poor poor dog was yet another example. and they do say that those who only half fall are those who manage to keep the most humanity.

View user profile

22 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:49 am

Yeah it looks like any living creature can fall.
Can Enjin really make people fall anytime he wants? I don't remember if he said so.

23 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:39 pm

I believe so, Akina mentions Enjin having the ability to "make fall" when they first meet him. Also, in the flashback with Yae and Yuuhi, Chiaki is forced to make everyone fall. So it looks like any Hiizumi can make beings fall whenever they want.

View user profile

24 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:02 am

Ravona

Admin
Admin
I've always thought of tuning as "pushing to the other world" and falling as "being pulled from the other world", because of that whole balance thing that Enjin (or maybe it was Yuuhi) was going on about a while ago.

View user profile

25 Re: Yozakura Quartet General Discussion on Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:16 pm

Ravona wrote:I've always thought of tuning as "pushing to the other world" and falling as "being pulled from the other world", because of that whole balance thing that Enjin (or maybe it was Yuuhi) was going on about a while ago.

That's a pretty nice view on it.

On another note Akina's uncle from the senate, Shidare I think, looked really cool in ch 46, and then the moment gets ruined when pics of Juri appears on his screen. That was hilarious. Maybe he secretly likes her or something.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum