You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:11 am

uhmm... its been a while since the last update of medaka box.. so I was just wondering of CXC scans decided to Drop Medaka box?[PLEASE DON'T]

View user profile

2 Re: Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:29 am

Didn't we get Chapter 71 last week or was that two weeks ago┬┐ CxC aren't dropping this as far as I'm aware. I know Cross likes it, and that should be enough.
Okay, I just checked, and the last release was on the 29th last month, we should be getting a double/triple release soon.
You could apply for a position in the group and help with cleaning the manga to get it released faster. So ....

View user profile

3 Re: Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:46 am

RelM

Staff
Staff
1. I've been wondering this for a while: what on earth makes fans jump to the conclusion that scanlation groups decide to drop projects just because they haven't updated in a while?

2. We are not rude enough to just drop a series without announcing it (heck, we have an Announcements portion of the forum... If ever we were to drop something, we'd at least mention it there)

3. Uhhh.. I recall Cross mentioning (was it Cross??? someone did anyway) something along the lines of how we're slowly catching up to MB... Soon enough we'll be doing weekly releases (unless my memory is wrong)

4 Re: Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:27 am

[Cross]

Admin
Admin
Not for nothing, but last time we went... what, 3 months without releasing anything? We didn't drop it then. It's more or less 2 weeks now, so there's no cause for worry.

@bkv The reason isn't lack of staff :3

View user profile http://cxcscans.phpbb9.com

5 Re: Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:30 am

OH! Ok. I just remember you telling me in the channel, that you were the only one cleaning it......or something. >.<
Cool, cool.

View user profile

6 Re: Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:30 am

[Cross]

Admin
Admin
BKV wrote:OH! Ok. I just remember you telling me in the channel, that you were the only one cleaning it......or something. >.<
Cool, cool.

I am, but I can handle that easy Cool
Anyway, there should be a release this week.

7 Re: Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:55 pm

[Cross] wrote:
BKV wrote:OH! Ok. I just remember you telling me in the channel, that you were the only one cleaning it......or something. >.<
Cool, cool.

I am, but I can handle that easy Cool
Anyway, there should be a release this week.

wow!! thx thx thx!! guyz... cool.. uhmm... yeah..

sorry for wrong conclusion it's not like I'm complaining or anything.. its just that It was a real cliff hanger last chapter 71 so I just wanted to know what'll happen next ^^ thx guys!! you ROCK!! thx for the hardwork giving great translations and scan ^^ It's really fun to read your works ^^

View user profile

8 Re: Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:10 am

RelM wrote:1. I've been wondering this for a while: what on earth makes fans jump to the conclusion that scanlation groups decide to drop projects just because they haven't updated in a while?

2. We are not rude enough to just drop a series without announcing it (heck, we have an Announcements portion of the forum... If ever we were to drop something, we'd at least mention it there)

3. Uhhh.. I recall Cross mentioning (was it Cross??? someone did anyway) something along the lines of how we're slowly catching up to MB... Soon enough we'll be doing weekly releases (unless my memory is wrong)
1. because fans thinks the moment the raws are out the group start asap scanlating it, so if all goes well in around 1 week from the raws come out the chap is out
if they see it's taking more time they start wondering what's not going well, and someones more negative start saying it got dropped
now it's 44 days from last update (mangaupdates)

3. weekly releases would be great :3 it's best to have the less time to wait for each release
while it's true having some chapter released all together have some good points, it also has the bad point to increase the time to wait :/
also having a regular 1 chapter released leave more place for discussing the single chapters on forums, leaving something to do for the fans in the time to wait, so they get less noisy too

View user profile

9 Re: Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:20 am

[Cross]

Admin
Admin
zeando wrote:also having a regular 1 chapter released leave more place for discussing the single chapters on forums, leaving something to do for the fans in the time to wait, so they get less noisy too

hm, agreed.

10 Re: Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:03 pm

Medaka Box 's main translator here! Very Happy

First, I'm sorry for the slow progress

Second, I'm still in charge of Medaka (at least for the next 30 days)

Third, I'll finish the script of chapters from 81 to 85 plus Gaiden for the next few days.So consider this as a Lunar New Year Gift from me (People celebrate LNY in my country) afro

And thanks for watching MB.Especially our scanlation.I didn't know this manga is such popular.

View user profile

11 Re: Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:20 pm

auelneider252 wrote:Medaka Box 's main translator here! Very Happy
I'll finish the script of chapters from 81 to 85 plus Gaiden for the next few days.

Very happy to hear that =D Tyvm for ur work.

What i clearly don't understand is how can Yokazura Quartet comes out weekly while it is a lot less popular than Medaka Box ?

At OneManga YQ is #448 MB #170
At MangaFox YQ 366940 views MB 2713105 views

View user profile

12 Re: Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:29 pm

[Cross]

Admin
Admin
Ridan wrote:
auelneider252 wrote:Medaka Box 's main translator here! Very Happy
I'll finish the script of chapters from 81 to 85 plus Gaiden for the next few days.

Very happy to hear that =D Tyvm for ur work.

What i clearly don't understand is how can Yokazura Quartet comes out weekly while it is a lot less popular than Medaka Box ?

At OneManga YQ is #448 MB #170
At MangaFox YQ 366940 views MB 2713105 views

1) Yozakura Quartet is awesome
2) Popularity doesn't really apply when we work on things?

That is to say, the Yozakura Quartet stuff was already translated for some time, we just released what was done. The only reason Medaka Box wasn't being released was because it wasn't translated yet. Well, now it is.

3) Yozakura Quartet is awesome

13 Re: Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:33 pm

Yeah while i love Medaka box (or I wouldn't be able to read all those pages of scripts) Yozakura Quartet is how i found this site and quite frankly love it to death. About the only thing i would love more is a super powered police procedural since America seems to make one post a few issues then kill it with fire.

I shall be the all encompassing morass of justice and grammar, the lord of the lakes,the duke of the thesauri, the arch chancellor of the seen universities, and the taster of all things heath. My unofficial titles only extend to racer of tortoises, swimmer of oceans envoy of the lords of the abyssal regions rider of Shai Hulud,Cleaner of Scarlet mansions,and last known witness of Za Warudo still alive
View user profile

14 Re: Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:53 am

Lol true popularity doesn't apply when u work on something but your very own tastes does.
I didn't get that hooked onto YQ but i guess i'll give it a try since u guys seems to really like it.

View user profile

15 Re: Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:46 am

Honestly,I joined CXC because I wanted to speed up YQ Razz
Thanks to that,I knew about Medaka Box and ended up liking it Very Happy

View user profile

16 Re: Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:10 pm

Who in our group doesn't love YQ, its pretty good and shares plenty of genres that it manages well.

I shall be the all encompassing morass of justice and grammar, the lord of the lakes,the duke of the thesauri, the arch chancellor of the seen universities, and the taster of all things heath. My unofficial titles only extend to racer of tortoises, swimmer of oceans envoy of the lords of the abyssal regions rider of Shai Hulud,Cleaner of Scarlet mansions,and last known witness of Za Warudo still alive
View user profile

17 Re: Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:20 pm

cmertb

Admin
Admin
I don't love YQ. Twisted Evil

View user profile

18 Re: Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:18 pm

Some forms of dislike greatly resemble love so it all evens out.

View user profile

19 Re: Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:57 pm

Alright after i read 35 chapters i gotta admit YQ is the shit !
But i'm kinda sad because it started by 2006 and as of today only 49 chapters are out.
Chapter's are released monthly ? =S

View user profile

20 Re: Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:39 pm

cmertb

Admin
Admin
I don't dislike YQ either, I just don't read it. Twisted Evil

View user profile

21 Re: Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:53 pm

gaaaaah the weak-point of all reasonable arguments uncaring but reasonable responses from those who just don't care. I have been hit for critical damage and must retreat.

View user profile

22 Re: Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:34 pm

Ravona

Admin
Admin
cmertb wrote:I don't dislike YQ either, I just don't read it. Twisted Evil

Lies!

You TL check various pages for me from time to time, so you do "read" it occasionally! :p

"Damn it, you can't euthanize people with minty fresh breath!"
View user profile

23 Re: Is Cxc Scans Dropping MEDAKA BOX? on Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:44 pm

cmertb

Admin
Admin
Well, I did read about the dude with rabbit ears whose name is Engine... I hope I didn't mess up anything. Wink

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum